Have fun with the whole family this Independence Day. These Patriotic Crafts & Snacks are perfect for the 4th of July! Make your party stand out with these DIY decorations and festive recipes.keep reading...
FUN & SIMPLE
SIMPLE DIYS, FUN STYLE & GOOD IDEAS
4th of July Crafts & Recipes 17 · 6 · 16
Sunscreen: Myths & Tips 10 · 6 · 16
The end of the school year is quickly approaching! Be sure to have a few tricks up your sleeve to keep bored kids entertained this summer break.
1. Use tape to make a fun backyard board game
Tape down the game board and then add fun activities in each box, like singing a song or jumping rope.
Photo from: The 36th Avenue
2. Grab some wet glue and food coloring for a fun hands-on paint project
Just grab some glue, food coloring, toothpicks, and some sort of canvas to get the creativity flowing.
Photo from: Housing A Forest
3. Make your own giant bubble wand
All you need to make the bubble solution is water, soap and a hard-shell kiddie pool. Grab a hula-hoop and spend some time outdoors blowing out-of-this-world bubbles!
Photo from: Make and Takes
4. Use pool noodles to make a fun backyard obstacle course
Adjust the height and challenge of the course to your child’s age and ability. This fun activity helps the development of motor skills in young children.
Photo from: Learn Play Imagine
5. Create your own racetrack for toy cars using colored tape
Use your floor, carpet and even furniture to create a fun indoor activity for those not-so-sunny summer days.
Photo from: Pardon My French
6. Grab some sponges and chalk for a fun DIY driveway game
Keep their math skills sharp over the summer by having them add up all their points.
Photo from: Mamas Like Me
7. Use a pool noodle and a hose for a fun DIY sprinkler
The perfect way to cool down in the backyard.
Photo from: Good Morning Loretta
8. Cut up a tarp to make your very own throwing game
Add points to each hole to ramp up the fun!
Photo from: Viral Nova
9. Grab a bat and fill up water balloons for a fun game of water balloon baseball
An awesome way to cool off on those hot summer days
Photo from: Red Ted Art
10. A plastic sheet, some soap, and a hose are all you need to make a slip n' slide for hours of outdoor fun
All the fun of a water park right in your backyard!
Photo from: Happy Hooligans
Essential Camp Ebook and Printables 23 · 5 · 16
We have an awesome gift for you! My team and I worked hard to put together this special guide about summer camps. This book contains everything you need to know before sending your kid to camp (and includes a lot of information that camps leave out!)
For instance, did you know that not all states require criminal background checks for camp employees?! We will show you how to figure out if your camp does.
Also included are some adorable printables to make the camp exerience extra special!
To download the book and printables click here.
Don't forget these summer camp essentials! 16 · 5 · 16
Summer is just around the corner. And with summer comes summer camp!
If you're sending your kids off to overnight camp, here are some essentials you'll want to pack...
With chaotic cabins and changing activities, it's easy for kids to lose track of their stuff. To avoid lost stuff, label it! Kidecals labels are super durable and are laundry safe, so they can even be used to label clothes.
Check out these Camp Labels here!
2 Must Haves for Spring Cleaning! 19 · 4 · 16
Last spring I read the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and it really was ! I now opwn my kitchen drawers and walk into my closet with bliss. The breezy space between my clothes makes me feel light and stress free. Everything is in its place and has a home. Here are the seven biggest tips I took away from the book...
1. Clean by category, not by location: don't go room by room. Instead organize by categories. For example, the day you do clothes, gather ALL of your clothing in the house (winter gear and all) and put it in one big pile and begin the process of sorting your items into keep, donate, and consign
2. If an item does not spark joy, then let it go: Touch an itm and ask yourself, does this bring me joy. If it doesn't it is time to let it go. This may sound a bit crazy but it really works, especially for your wardrobe. For more mudane, utilitarian objects it may be a bit harder but once you get into a groove you will understand. It may be time to let go of that worn out knife and replace it with one that you actually enjoy using!
We Should Team Up With This Pup! 26 · 3 · 16
If only everyone labeled their stuff with kidecals personalized labels and if only every airport had this pup, NOTHING would go missing!
Amazing 5 Year Old! 24 · 3 · 16
What an amazing little girl! Watch how she saved her mother from drowning!
Easy (& Crazy Delish) Easter Brunch Recipe 8 · 3 · 16
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let drain, then crumble.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Quarter biscuits and dip in egg mixture, then add a layer to the prepared bundt pan. Add a layer of cheese, then bacon, then continue with biscuit pieces until the pan is three-quarters full. Pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- Bake until egg is cooked through and bread is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool, then turn out onto a plate and serve.
- Optional step: Once you turn out bread, top with additional cheese, and return to oven until melted, 5 minutes.
Toxin Free Beauty 5 · 2 · 16
At kidecals we always want to keep you in the know. The products at Beautycounter are our new faves. Beautycounter is a company commited to getting safe products into the hands of everyone.
Did you know...
- There are about 10,000 chemicals commonly found in personal care products — only 10% of those chemicals have safety data.
- The United States has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938.
- The European Union has spent the past two decades banning or restricting more than 1,300 ingredients— the U.S. has only banned 11 to date.
- Even more troubling, chemicals linked to breast cancer, learning disabilities, infertility, and other health issues are allowed in the products we use every day.
That's why we are proud to be affiliated with a company that has such a strong mission and amazing products that keep you and your family safe!
Check out this infograhic below and sign up here to get your free "never" list...a list of chemicals that you should never use in your beauty products!