How to make a cool terrarium for Eath Day.keep reading...
FUN & SIMPLE
SIMPLE DIYS, FUN STYLE & GOOD IDEAS
Earth Day Terrarium 21 · 4 · 15
Put a Baby to Sleep in 60 Seconds! 9 · 4 · 15
this simple trick can put your baby to sleep in less than a minute!keep reading...
April Fools! 30 · 3 · 15
Make your kids giggle and have some laughs of your own with these super easy and totally harmless pranks.
Pour your kid's milk and cereal the night before and put it in the freezer. It will look completely normal, but when they try to dig in to breakfast in the morning they will find a frozen surprise.
Two easy options with this colorful trick. First, you can put a few drops of food coloring into the bottom of the cereal bowl and cover with cereal. Let the kids pour the milk into the bowl. They won't know what to think when the milk instantly turns colorful. The second option is to put food coloring directly into the carton of milk so that when they pour it out they will think it came from a unicorn instead of a cow.
Surprise your kids at lunch by packing them an apple with a surprise guest. Carve a small hole in an apple and put a gummy worm in with its head sticking out. This one will have even the teachers laughing.
Why is my juice jiggling?! Make jello in your kid's juice glass. For added effect, put a straw in it before it hardens.
You may be a parent, you don't always have to act like one!
Camp season is right around the corner! Have you gotten your camp labels yet?
Healthy Hot Cocoa 3 · 3 · 15
Brrrrr....Baby it's been cold outside!
Hot cocoa is a definite go to but can be high in sugar and calories. Try this simple recipe to make your cold weather warm up a healty treat instead! We have dairy free peeps in our house, so our favorite alternative is coconut milk
1 cup of unsweeted coconut milk
1 tbsp of unsweeted cocoa
Liquid stevia to taste (5 drops should do it)
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
Enjoy and stay warm!
AND...we are having a warm up BOGO deal, buy one set of name labels get the second set half off! Going on now till 3/6/15. Use code "winterbogo" and start shopping here
Kidecals Definitive Guide: Traveling With Kids 28 · 1 · 15
Family vacations should be fun, memorable, and stress free...in a perfect world. Just because you may have had a nightmare vacation in the past doesn't mean you hsould stay close to home and do a family staycation. Kidecals proudly presents the definitive guide to traveling with kids!
We have got the best tips, tricks, apps, and advice so that you can make your next family vacation a success!keep reading...
Are you a good mother? 27 · 1 · 15
In this infographic we provide the answer to a question that most moms ask themselves daily… Am I a good mother? Share this, and Moms will thank you!keep reading...
Clever Gift Wrapping Ideas for the Holidays 1 · 11 · 14
Trying to be a little more creative for the holidays? Wrap your head around these cute gift wrapping ideas to get in the holiday spirit!
- Butcher paper: You can decorate this plain paper however you like. You can use stamps, sponge paint, finger paint, or even just markers. This is great activity that you can do with the family or a fun craft for a holiday party. This is a cheap substitute to traditional wrapping paper, and who doesn't want to save money??
- Old music sheets: This is a cute and creative alternative to wrapping paper. It still has the feel of the holidays with a little flare. Make it stand out with different color ribbons or paring it with our Kidecals' holiday labels.
- Newspaper: Want to save a buck? Choose newspaper over wrapping paper. You can get it just about anywhere and make your gifts look a little more creative. You can add cute touches with bows made from newspaper as well. As you can see in the picture above it is a few easy steps that can make your present that much better.
- Put your finishing touches on your gifts with labels from Kidecals. They can add a little bit more of that personal touch while adding an extra pop of color. There are a plethora of styles to choose form that can be personalized to your needs.
Stamps/Sponge Paint: http://www.kowalskis.com/recipe/dessert-cookies-brownies-bars/blonde-brownies-in-a-jar#.Up5NhaW6LwI
Found from: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83058899/music-gift-wrapping-paper-sheets-pack-of
Burger King Bites Uncle Sam in the Ass 27 · 8 · 14
Burger King has decided to have it their way and move their headquarters to Canada. This shady move will allow them to avoid paying their fair share of corporate income tax.
You know what? Bon Voyage Burger King…Canada can have you. And why don’t you go ahead and grab Justin Bieber on your way out.
We don’t need no stinking Whopper!
To fill this loss in tax revenue, Kidecals has created a line of burger bashing stickers, of which all proceeds will be donated to the IRS. Sticker by sticker we will fight back and show the king we won’t miss him at all!
Summer Camp’s Dirty Little Secret [infographic] 30 · 5 · 14
With over 11 million kids going to camp this summer, the lost and found piles will be massive. Find out what kids lose the most and the one simple step that will save you money.
Friends don't let friends dig through the lost and found. Share this, and they will thank you!
Bite-Sized Fun 12 · 11 · 13
Bite-sized foods seem to be all the "rage" lately. I put together some of our favorites that you can make for all of the holiday festivities coming up. I'm sure that kids will go crazy for them and your guests will be impressed.
1.Bite-sized Macaroni and Cheese!
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cups, packed, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ pound elbow macaroni, cooked and draine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 24-count, nonstick mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking occasionally, for about 2 -3 minutes until thickened. Add cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and stir to melt. Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks, salt and nutmeg. Stir in macaroni.
- Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of macaroni and cheese into the prepared mini muffin pan. Each cup should be filled to the top. Pack each one down gently. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, carefully loosen the mac and cheese bites and transfer to a platter to serve.
- To make ahead, bake and cool mac and cheese bites. Sprinkle with a little more Parmesan cheese. Package and refrigerate. Place bites on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Serve warm
2.Bite-Sized Pumpkin Pies!
- 48, 1.75-inch pre-made tart shells
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-punce can evaporated milk
- whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, combine sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, egg, pumpkin, vanilla,and evaporated milk. Beat until well combined and smooth.
3. Line mini tart shells on prepared baking sheet. Using a spoon (2 teaspoons), fill each mini tart shell with pumpkin pie filling
4. Carefully transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until shells are golden and the filling appears to be set. Carefully remove mini pumpkin pies to a cooling rack.
5. If desired, top with freshly whipped cream or Cool Whip.