Bite-sized foods seem to be all the "rage" lately. I put together some of our favorites that you can make for all of the holiday festivities coming up. I'm sure that kids will go crazy for them and your guests will be impressed.
1.Bite-sized Macaroni and Cheese!
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cups, packed, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ pound elbow macaroni, cooked and draine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 24-count, nonstick mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking occasionally, for about 2 -3 minutes until thickened. Add cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and stir to melt. Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks, salt and nutmeg. Stir in macaroni.
- Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of macaroni and cheese into the prepared mini muffin pan. Each cup should be filled to the top. Pack each one down gently. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, carefully loosen the mac and cheese bites and transfer to a platter to serve.
- To make ahead, bake and cool mac and cheese bites. Sprinkle with a little more Parmesan cheese. Package and refrigerate. Place bites on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Serve warm
2.Bite-Sized Pumpkin Pies!
- 48, 1.75-inch pre-made tart shells
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-punce can evaporated milk
- whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, combine sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, egg, pumpkin, vanilla,and evaporated milk. Beat until well combined and smooth.
3. Line mini tart shells on prepared baking sheet. Using a spoon (2 teaspoons), fill each mini tart shell with pumpkin pie filling
4. Carefully transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until shells are golden and the filling appears to be set. Carefully remove mini pumpkin pies to a cooling rack.
5. If desired, top with freshly whipped cream or Cool Whip.